Creating policy for mapping application authorization based on specific policy can be granular in Safous ZTNA service. In this article the policy to be mapped for authorization is for anonymous user. The behavior for this policy similar with a reverse proxy function, but of course you can combine multiple layer security if you want to using other function
In order to do that, you need to have admin user to create policy, please check these KB down below about Admin access:
- login to https://portal.safous.com
- Go to Settings tab> ZTNA
- In Policies, click on New Policy button
- Once clicked, it will expand all the option for policy that can be use for application authorization
- You need to input the policy name because it's mandatory and must be unique to other policy
- For this time we're focusing on how to create an anonymous authorization for specific app, so on "Users Groups" click on "Anonymous Users"
- A confirmation pop-up will be shown, just click "Accept" button
- Then the option of "Users and Groups" will be changed in to "Anonymous Users"
- As for the applications, categories, access policy and configuration fill/choose with what you want to be mapped. Then click "Save"
- It will give you success notification, once the policy has been added
To test the policy is successfully implemented or not, you could just open a new browser and access the application URL directly without needed to login to user portal at all.
In the example, it use incognito mode browser to differentiate the session and without any user login necessary. This is the normal behavior for enabling policy with Anonymous Users option